Upper District’s Water 101 educational forum is an educational series for local elected officials, professional management, legislative staff and community leaders within the San Gabriel Valley. We partner with San Gabriel Basin Water Quality Authority and Main San Gabriel Basin Watermaster to provide a regional perspective of water management for the groundwater basin. This dual part series includes a conference style forum that covers topics ranging from water quality to policy. The second session includes a Where Solutions Flow Tour which highlights regional facilities and water infrastructure.
Educational topics and discussions involve:
- San Gabriel Valley Watershed
- Regional water supply and outlook
- Integrated approaches to water sustainability and water quality
- Water legislation and policy
- Overview of existing conservation programs