Upper District is governed by five elected directors, each serving 4-year terms and representing a geographic division within its service boundaries.
As a member agency of Metropolitan Water District of Southern California, Upper District appoints one representative to sit on the Metropolitan Board of Directors. Upper District also has representation on the San Gabriel Basin Water Quality Authority, the Main San Gabriel Basin Watermaster Boards and other regional associations.
- Metropolitan Water District – Director Anthony Fellow
- Main San Gabriel Basin Watermaster – Directors Anthony Fellow and Jennifer Santana
- San Gabriel Basin Water Quality Authority – Director Ed Chavez
- San Gabriel Valley Council of Governments – Alternative – Director Katarina Garcia
- San Gabriel Valley Protective Association – Director Jennifer Santana
- San Gabriel Valley Water Association – Director Katarina Garcia
- Association of California Water Agencies (ACWA) JPIA – Director Jennifer Santana
The Board of Directors meets on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month at 4:00 p.m. the Upper District will hold its meetings in person only.
Municipal Water District Act of 1911
Upper District is established according to the State of California Water Code, which is based on the Municipal Water District Act of 1911.